Foreword: I am aware that most parts of the Instant Pot can be cleaned in the dishwasher. I’m going to focus on the outer “Cooker Base” part that includes the buttons and heating element.
Living in Japan as a (mostly) non-Japanese speaking person is in many ways like living in a bubble. Thanks to the internet, I had access to most news and current events but keeping up with music and new-fangled kitchen appliances is tricky. So I was mighty bewildered when my facebook feed lit up over the Christmas break with post after post after POST by friends touting the great things they cooked in their new Instant Pot.
…now I have an Instant Pot.
Part of the beauty of the Instant Pot is how easy it is to clean. Essentially everything except the outer “cooker base” can be put into the dishwasher.
One of the questions I’ve seen come up frequently in the facebook groups is how to clean the top of the base. I mean the part that the lid slides into. It collects gunk and grease and liquid.
Well, let me introduce you to the Kitchen Dynamo by e-cloth. See how it fits right into the groove there?! Read on…
5 Reasons to Clean your Instant Pot with the Kitchen Dynamo
- Like all e-cloths, the Kitchen Dynamo picks up and traps bacteria. In fact it picks up over 99% of bacteria. So if you accidentally spilled some raw meat juices into the lip at the top or anywhere on the sides, you can wipe that up easily. No chemical sprays required! Note: If you aren’t familiar with e-cloth and how it works, or aren’t aware of how it removes bacteria, please feel free to leave me your questions in the comments.
- The shaggy fibres fit perfectly into the tight grooves of the top at the pot AND the shaggy fibres pick up food bits and hang on to them.
- The Kitchen Dynamo is AMAZING at wiping up grease. Instead of spraying cleanser or soap on your Instant Pot and then having to wipe all that off, just dampen the Dynamo and wipe. If you haven’t tried e-cloth products on grease spatter, you’re in for a very pleasant surprise.
- The Kitchen Dynamo has rows of little scrubby fibres that remove stuck-on bits. The scrubbers are safe on all surfaces and won’t scratch the surface of your Instant Pot.
- The Dynamo is super absorbent! So if you accidentally spill something inside that groove at the top of your Instant Pot or moisture from the lid drop down into it, you can sop it up easily.
I’ve had my Instant Pot for 3 months now. I use it at least 3 times a week and thanks to my Kitchen Dynamo, it looks brand new.
I’ve had a lot of positive feedback from people on how much they love the Kitchen Dynamo – unfortunately the comments and reviews were all sent either to my email or to my old website so they’re not here on the blog. If you love (or hate) the Kitchen Dynamo, please do leave a comment below.
Are you interested in an honest review of the Kitchen Dynamo?
Tell me you need a review in the comments below. I need someone to light a fire under my butt to get that review done.
For more information you can check out the ecloth website here.
Update February 2019 – it’s now a year later and my Instant Pot STILL looks brand new. I will try to get a new photo in here soon.