UPDATE: March 23, 2012
After much consideration – and months of in-home testing and scrutinizing – I am convinced that e-cloth ® offers a product that is equal in quality and performance to Norwex but is more reasonably priced. I still stand behind my review of the Norwex Window Cloth, but the e-cloth ® Glass & Polishing Cloth performs just as well – and is of equally high quality – at a fraction of the price. You can see my review of the Glass & Polishing e-cloth here.
IN A NUTSHELL:
The Norwex window cloth delivers. Clean freaking windows, that is. Trust me – use it once and you’re going to wonder why you didn’t try it earlier. If this cloth was cheaper (and smaller), I’d give it 5 stars.
Remember that annoying song by Cher: If I Could Turn Back Time? Remember it? Well good luck getting it out of your head now. Wait, this should help:
If I could turn back time——If I could find a way——I’d take back that bloody mega-sized refill bottle of Windex that I had a $2 coupon for because it’s been sitting unused in my basement for 2 years—–and you’d stay.
Truthfully, washing windows is a chore that I’ve always liked. It’s relatively easy and a bit relaxing. Until the stinking sun shines through the window and you see the bits of paper towel lint and the “haze”. What IS that haze? Nothing but annoying, that’s what it is.
While I’m being honest, I better let you know that I got my Norwex Window Cloth free. I hosted a Norwex party – which is COMPLETELY unlike me (I have a very healthy dislike of these types of parties). Somehow enough people ordered stuff that I managed to get one free. Meanwhile, I was so cheap that instead of ordering from my own party, I became a consultant so I could get the discount.
My point is: Wait, did I have a point?
Oh yeah, I got mine free. This is important, because I know this cloth is a bit pricey (close to $20 up here in Canada) and people are going to wonder if it’s worth it. I can’t live without mine, but I’m not sure I’d actually BUY one.
What’s so Great about the Norwex Window Cloth?
The window cloth doesn’t have as many tricks up it’s sleeve as the Enviro Cloth (have you seen my “30 Days of the Enviro Cloth” posts?) but like the Enviro Cloth, it will change the way you clean.
To me, it’s all about just splashing some water on my bathroom mirror and wiping it clean. Or even easier, I wipe it while it’s still steamy after a shower. Presto-cleano!
And here’s a word for you: French Doors (ok, that’s 2 words. Sue me). If you’ve got them, you know what a pain in the arse – oops, did I forget to “bleep” that out – they can be. If you just dampen the Window Cloth ever so slightly that will be enough to clean all those stinking windows. No worries about little bits of paper towel being left behind in the corners. Does it get easier than this?
But what else is so great about it?
- it won’t leave streaks
- it doesn’t leave lint
- you won’t see the “haze” when the sun shines through your window
- it’s easy enough that even your husband can clean the windows/mirrors to your satisfaction
- you can get rid of yet another chemical spray and free up some more valuable storage space
- if you’re used to using vinegar – you won’t have to smell vinegar any more.
What does the Norwex Window Cloth Clean?
It’s more of a “polisher” than a “cleaner” so if you’ve got really dirty windows or mirrors, you may want to use an Enviro Cloth first to do the hard work and then use the Window cloth to pretty it up. This is what it works great on:
- windows (obviously)
- faucets and bathroom fixtures
- glass shower doors
- car interiors (dash, windows, mirrors, etc.)
- diamonds – if you don’t have a drawer full of diamonds like I do (ha, ha ha! Geez, I crack myself up), it works really well on fake diamonds too. ALL jewelry really.
- stainless steel appliances
- basically anything shiny.
What does the Norwex Window Cloth Feel Like?
Well, it’s microfiber and it’s got that typical “grabby” microfiber feel on your fingers that make’s you clench your teeth and scrunch up your nose. But it’s not shaggy like the Enviro Cloth. It has a tight weave so it just feels like a typical piece of fabric (only with that microfiber grabbiness) rather than a shaggy cloth.
- the Norwex Window cloth works really well. Like advertised, it doesn’t leave streaks, it’s very effective at cleaning fingerprints and “lightweight” grime. It will also clean more “heavyweight” grime, but I prefer to use an Enviro Cloth for that and then follow up with the window cloth
- It has definitely made washing my windows and mirrors easier and faster. I use it inside and out. Even my husband, who couldn’t care less about the state of the windows, is impressed by the ease of it.
- unlike a lot of commercial cleansers that are advertised as “green”, the window cloth REALLY is green. Well, actually it’s purple but you know what I mean. No sprays required.
- you’ll cut down on paper towel usage.
- like I said, this thing is expensive. It will take a while for you to get your money’s worth out of it compared to traditional window spray cleaners – but it’s better for the environment and your health so sometimes you have to forget the cost.
- this is a personal thing, but I find it too big. I know you’re supposed to fold and fold and fold, but it’s just too much cloth for me. I never use the whole thing and I find it somewhat awkward on mirrors
- something about this cloth – probably the microfibers – makes it VERY grabby on glass. Grabbier than any other microfiber cloth I own. By grabby, I mean it’s difficult to wipe a window/mirror without it kind of skipping/jumping along and the cloth bunching up. I don’t know if that makes any sense or not. I usually end up folding mine as small as I can get it so the surface is very small, otherwise the cloth just bunches up and it’s a bit awkward to wipe with. If you’ve used the window cloth and have a better way of describing this, please add a comment below.
If you have questions on how to use the Norwex Window cloth, please do leave a comment! I love to help. If you know someone that’s about to go to a Norwex Party, that would benefit from reading my reviews beforehand, please feel free to share this post.