How to Clean a Toilet with an e-cloth® or Norwex Cloth
- If you use your Norwex/e-cloth® to clean your whole bathroom, clean everything else before cleaning the toilet.
- Use a damp e-cloth® (General Purpose, Bathroom, or Cleaning Pad) or Norwex cloth (Enviro cloth or Bathroom Mitt) to clean the tank, handle, base, and seat of your toilet. I use whatever cloth I have used to clean the rest of the bathroom. To see which cloths I prefer for bathroom cleaning, click here.
- Neither Norwex nor e-cloth® recommend using their cloths for the rim or inside the toilet bowl. You can use an e-cloth® or Norwex cloth in the bowl as long as the cleanser you’re using doesn’t have bleach in it – bleach will destroy the fibres. Personally, I prefer to use a brush and green cleaning liquid in the bowl.
- If you’re worried about watermarks or streaks, give everything a wipe afterwards with a Glass & Polishing e-cloth.
- Rinse your Norwex cloth or e-cloth® when you’re done and set it aside to be laundered.
Can I Clean More than 1 Toilet with an e-cloth®?
Eeeee-yes. Note that’s a “yes” but I have a weird look on my face as I say it.
As a part of e-cloth’s clinical studies, Silliker Inc. found that if you rinse an e-cloth® under warm water after you’ve used it, you can use it again without transferring bacteria. In fact, less than 0.01% of any bacteria that was picked up previously will be transferred to the next surface.
Note: I’m sure Norwex cloths would have similar results but I haven’t seen the results of any testing like this completed on their cloths so I can’t say for sure. I am aware that most of the Norwex cloths are BacLock but FYI, Norwex recommends that you launder their cloths after cleaning toilets.
So, if you’ve got a few toilets to clean:
- Wipe the exterior parts of Toilet #1 (tank, handle, base, seat, etc.) with a damp e-cloth
- use a disinfectant/cleanser inside the bowl and on the rim. If the cleanser doesn’t contain bleach, you can use your e-cloth® with it.
- RINSE YOUR e-cloth in hot water and then go on to Toilet #2
- Repeat steps 1-3 until all your toilets are clean.
- Rinse and launder the e-cloth®.
Do I Need a Cloth with Antibacterial Silver to Clean Toilets?
NO! All e-cloths pick up over 99% of bacteria (note that this is NOT true for all brands of microfibre cloths so be careful if you’re not using e-cloth®). The silver in microfibre cloths does NOT help to pick up bacteria. If you’re confused, don’t worry -you’re not alone – but take a quick read of my post on how the silver in microfiber cloths works.
Click Here for more information on Silliker Testing of e-cloth®.