In a Nutshell: Hands down, the e-cloth Bath Towel is the most absorbent – and absolutely the softest – towel I’ve ever used. Touch it on your wet skin and ZAPPO, almost instantly dry. This is not the “grabby” microfibre that you’re used to.
Update on the e-cloth Bath Towel:
March 2019 Update: Sadly the e-cloth Bath Towel was discontinued BUT… you can still get it. It just has a different name. And it’s not ivory. This may sound odd, but the large e-cloth pet towel is the exact same towel. Only it’s brown. And let me tell you that after years of selling the ivory towel, I have had MANY happy readers tell me that they purchased the brown, pet towel instead. Other good news, e-cloth knocked $10 off the price!
First Impressions of the e-cloth Bath Towel:
Pulling the e-cloth Bath Towel out of the package yesterday, I’ll admit that I was anxious. I’ve had such high hopes for these e-body products and I just didn’t want to be let down. I stared at it in the package for a minute, daring it to disappoint me. But hell-O! This thing is soft!
How soft is it, Kate?
- it’s the kind of soft that you want to wrap a newborn baby into and just snuggle with.
- it’s the kind of soft that you want pressed against your face when you’re feeling down
- it’s the kind of soft that your dog will want to nuzzle into and then plop down on, leaving black hairs and dirt on as you frantically (and angrily) “shoo” it away.
- UPDATE March 2019 – it’s now available in brown.
Does the e-cloth Bath Towel Cling or Grab onto Your Skin?
You know how e-cloth and Norwex cleaning cloths can be VERY clingy and they have that awful feeling on your fingers? Well forget about it.
The new e-cloth Bath towels are NOT the “clingy” microfibre that you’re used to. How is it possible that the e-cloth Bath Towel and the General Purpose e-cloth are made of the same materials?
(Note: a few days after writing this review, I added some pictures of my 2-year old, Remy, loving the towel. These pictures really show how soft the towel is.)
I did sense a very tiny bit of “grab” on my finger tips as I touched it, but I was really testing for it and my hands were extremely dry. I didn’t feel it on my face and if you were Average Joe, just picking up the towel to use it, I doubt you’d sense it.
How does the e-cloth Bath Towel Compare to the Norwex Bath Towel?
Other than that they are both microfibre, there is really no comparison between the e-cloth and Norwex bath towels.
The absolute softness and non-grabby texture of the e-cloth bath towel came as a huge relief to me. I have one of the Norwex Bath Towels that I’ve used after a shower TWICE in 3 years. It’s horrid. If you put it on your body, it will cling to you – no hands needed. And you don’t want to know what it’s like if you’ve got stubble on your legs. Sorry Norwex, your bath towel is not a “win” for me. It’s up there with the netted dish cloth as one of two Norwex products I don’t like and now only gets used as a mat-protector during hot yoga classes.
Does the e-cloth Bath Towel Work?
This morning I had the rare opportunity to take a shower without having to wonder what the kids were doing while I was in there. To be honest, I couldn’t wait to get OUT of the shower because I was really hankering to try my new e-body Luxury Bath Towel.
It’s really hard to describe the performance of this towel. “Performance“. Geez, I sound like I’m reviewing a car. But Holy $hit, this towel is impressive! Here’s what happened:
- I stepped out of the shower and grabbed the towel
- I placed it on my right arm and was about to rub (like you would with a terry/cotton towel)
- Then I said “shit” (pardon the language but I do try to be accurate and that IS what I said) because I realized I didn’t have to rub. My arm was dry!
- Then I started experimenting because I really didn’t believe how well it worked. So I dabbed at my legs. Zing! Dry. I dabbed at my belly. Zing! Dry. You get the idea – no need to make this an X-Rated review.
Honestly, this towel is amazing. I’m not exaggerating when I say it almost instantly sucks the moisture off your skin. No rubbing required, just dabbing.
I’m not a person that is easily excited or impressed. I was excited by this towel. It’s the first e-cloth product that I told my husband he just had to try.
Do You Need the e-cloth Bath Towel?
If you run a bed and breakfast, your customers will love these towels. They’d also make a wonderful wedding gift. Or Mother’s Day gift … hint… hint.
Unless you’re in the market for new towels or have a towel fetish, no, you probably don’t need it. But… it will dry you faster and it feels so nice on your skin.
- the ecloth bath towel works amazingly well to dry your body.
- it’s incredibly soft
- it absorbs 4 times more moisture than cotton and dries twice a fast
- it’s a beautiful towel and will impress anyone
- like all e-cloth products, the e-body Luxury Bath Towel comes with a 3 year guarantee.
- at $39.99 (now $29.99) it’s a bit pricey, but it’s guaranteed for 3 years so you’ll get your money’s worth
- it’s white. I have an issue with white. I live in a part of town where the water pipes are ancient and occasionally, without warning, my water has a rusty tinge to it. Or if they do any construction work within 1/2 km from our house, we get muddy water. There is no way these will stay white in my house. Take a look at what came out of my tap one day last year. UPDATE: since the bath towel is only available in the “pet” colour, this con is no longer an issue! Happy day.
Attention: in case you didn’t see it above, e-cloth discontinued the ivory Bath Towel, but it is still available in brown. The brown towel is labeled as the pet towel but I assure you, it is the same towel – only brown and $10 cheaper. You will want to order the LARGE size – unless you’re very small.