Is Norwex Detergent Necessary for Norwex Cloths?
I have heard many people say that their Norwex consultant told them that “Norwex cloths can only be washed in Norwex detergent.” and “the warranty on your Norwex cloths will be void if you wash them in non-Norwex detergent“.
These statements are absolutely false and are not encouraged by Norwex.
What Detergent Is Suitable for Norwex and e-cloth® Products?
Your Norwex and e-cloth® products can be washed in ANY detergent as long as it is:
- bleach-free (because bleach degrades the fibres, making them less – or fully – ineffective) and
- softener-free (because softener coats the fibres and makes them less – or fully – ineffective).
The BEST detergent for your Norwex and/or ecloth® products is one without any – or limited – fillers. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, detergents that have been proven to work on cloth diapers are perfect for Norwex and e-cloths. Diaper Jungle has a very good good list of detergents with ratings for their suitability for cloth diapers. I encourage you to check it out here if you’re in the market for a new detergent or want to check your current one.
I have a number of posts here that may be of interest to you:
- When & How to Launder/Wash Norwex and e-cloth products
- How to Cure Stinky Norwex/ecloths
- Why Norwex/ecloths get stiff or non-absorbant and how to fix it
- What to do if your Norwex/ecloth touches bleach or fabric softener