I know this is crazy and doesn’t make any sense, but this morning I was too lazy to walk to the mudroom to get my mop so I washed my kitchen floor by hand with a General Purpose e-cloth.
- No, our house isn’t huge.
- No, it wouldn’t have taken me more than 45 seconds to walk back there and get it.
- Yes, my mind works in odd ways.
But, you know what? It’s darned easy – and I dare say very satisfying – to hand wash a floor with an e-cloth (although while down there, I realized that it’s long past time to give the toe kicks a good cleaning too).
My trusty green e-cloth got pretty dirty (but remarkably, there were very few dog hairs on the floor. Odd) so I set it to soak for a while in the sink and then put it by the washing machine to be laundered.
2 Reasons to Hand Wash your Floor with e-cloth
- It’s very satisfying – ok, this is a pretty lame reason but a list of only one reason seems sad.
- If you’re wondering if you should splurge on the Deep Clean Mop – I get a lot of inquiries about the performance of the Deep Clean Mop and whether I think people should get one. My best suggestion is to try hand washing your floors with a General Purpose e-cloth. If you find the cloth works well – and are amazed at how easily and how much dirt it picks up – then you’ve got a very good idea of how well the mop will work. Only the mop is much, much easier. Especially on large areas.
I had that floor washed by 7:30 am! So of course then I felt like I didn’t really have to do anything else today. So I sat down with a cup of tea and ate a handful of chocolates. Good old Christmas 😉