You’re loving your e-cloths. You love them so much you’ve told your friends, family and even strangers.
They all love e-cloth… except that one hold-out. That one person that just doesn’t see how much easier their cleaning could be. Or how much safer their cleaning could be. Or just how much better their cleaning could be.
You’ve tried everything and you just KNOW they’ll like it if they just give it a chance. I know this because many of you have emailed me telling me about that one person in your life.
Well, here are 5 ideas on how to convert them:
- Invite them over for breakfast/brunch and cook a big batch of bacon on the stove. (Note, some of you may be sworn “bacon is cooked in the oven” peeps, like me but to convert the hold-outs, you’ve got to cook it on the stove top) Let the grease splatter everywhere. The more grease the better. Then show them how easy it is to wipe up all that grease – and have a squeaky clean stove – with a damp e-cloth. If you fold the cloth in half, and then in half again, you’ll have 8 sides of the cloth to use. With this folding method, you should be able to clean the entire greasy mess without having to rinse the cloth until you’re done. Get your friend to rub their finger across the stove afterwards so they can hear the squeaky clean-ness.
- Clean the kitchen sink, faucet and knobs with an e-cloth. A very quick wipe with a damp e-cloth will remove most water marks, stains, grease and bacteria. You can do it in between 30 and 60 seconds and have an utterly spotless, gleaming, clean sink.
- Remind them that most chemical sprays have to be left on a surface for 10 minutes to remove bacteria. AND, you’re inhaling those sprays. I don’t know anyone that sprays their counter and then waits 10 minutes to wipe it off, do you? Wipe the counter with a damp e-cloth and you’re done!
- If the hold-out has kids, use an e-cloth to wipe any or all of these up in a jiffy: greasy fingerprints on walls, pee around the toilet, yogurt (dried or fresh) off the floor or walls, marker/crayon/paint off walls or furniture, an entire glass of spilled milk, chocolate out of the couch, etc.
- Clean their windows. The window cleaning impresses everyone 😉
Do you have a friend or family member that just can’t seem to make the switch? Or did you “convert” someone to e-cloth? I want, no NEED, to hear about it so please do share!