UPDATE: March 23, 2012
After much consideration – and months of in-home testing and scrutinizing – I am convinced that e-cloth® offers a product that is equal in quality and performance to Norwex but is more reasonably priced. I still stand behind my review of the Norwex Enviro Cloth, but the e-cloth® General Purpose Cloth performs just as well – and is of equally high quality – at a fraction of the price.
Zander inherited an obscene number of “little people” and animals from his cousins. They’re fun to play with, but they’ve occasionally been “invited” for dinner, they’ve spent time in the garden, and they frequently find the mouths of Zander and his friends (including the dogs). So they’re pretty grimey and have bits of food, dirt and kid sickness caked on them.
The Enviro Cloth is PERFECT for Cleaning Toys!Now the darned thing about these little people is that a lot of them have small holes in the bottom, so if you wash them in a sink full of soapy water, you have to spend time drying and draining them afterward.
It sounds crazy, but once I started wiping toys, I couldn’t stop. Not that it was fun. More that it was easy and I felt “I’ve started, might as well keep going“. Well, it took me about 13 minutes to wipe all the little people and their barns, amusement parks and pirate ship in addition to some stacking toys, two Thomas the Tank Engines, a whistle, a harmonica and a Rubiks Cube.
Here are my Top 5 Reasons why a damp Enviro Cloth is perfect for cleaning toys:
- It’s fast! In a matter of seconds, you can remove all the dirt, grime, food, germs and bacteria. This is especially nice if you’ve just had a sick guest visiting that likes to put toys in their mouths.
- The Enviro Cloth is only damp – not soaking wet – so the toys dry quickly and you can put them right away.
- No cleansers, bleach, or antibacterial soaps are required. Zander likes to put things in his mouth, so this is very important to me.
- You can clean the toys anywhere! You’re not stuck using the sink. Maybe you have a lot of them and want to sit in front of the tv while you clean. Or you can just take them out of the toy box and clean them as you put them back in (give the toy box a wipe while you’re at it).
- The Enviro Cloth can be used on all types of toys – plastic, wooden, plush (great for removing stains).
The Enviro Cloth works wonderfully on toys and I would recommend it to anyone with small kids. I also think it would be ideal for daycares and businesses/offices that have toys for kids in the lobby (ie. dentists, doctors, chiropractors, libraries etc.).
Need more information? Check out my 5 Star Enviro Cloth Review .