Been looking at the e-cloth website and finding yourself overwhelmed? Asking yourself “What do I REALLY need? Where do I start?“. Sooooo much to choose from.
Well don’t worry. You’re NOT alone. I get the question a lot and believe me when I say, I was in the exact same, bewildered “deer in the headlights” spot 3 years ago.
Well, hopefully I can save you a little angst and a LOT of money (especially if you just came from a Norwex Party and decided to do a bit of research before you spent your hard-earned money on boring old cleaning supplies – if this is the case, take a look at my “ecloth vs Norwex” reviews for further info).
Kate’s 3 Suggestions for e-cloth ® Beginners
- Start with a General Purpose cloth and a Glass & Polishing cloth. You can clean almost everything with these two cloths and it’s a great introduction to how the microfiber works. Before you add either of these items to your cart, read #2 below, it’ll save you money. If you get to the point where you feel you need a more specialized cloth for certain cleaning tasks, then you can move on. Feel free to contact me for more info if this is the case.
- With that in mind, the “Starter Pack” is my top pick for beginners. I honestly feel you can’t go wrong with this. It’s got 4 General Purpose cloths (I’m going to refer to these as GP cloths from now on to save my fingers) and 1 Glass & Polishing cloth (I’ll refer to this as the Glass cloth from now on), which gives you 1 GP for Kitchen, Bath, and rest of house and then 1 extra for “emergencies” or when the others are being laundered. Depending on how much “shiny” stuff you have in your house, you may want to consider a second Glass cloth (one for windows/mirrors, one for everything else such as faucets, stainless appliances, granite counters, glass stovetops, etc.)
- If you have an abundance of hard-surface floors in your house (tile, wood, laminate, vinyl, cork, concrete, whatever), consider the mop and spend the extra $14 and get the “dust mop pad“. If, in addition to the hard surface floors you have pets, stop thinking and buy the mop.
3 Reasons why you Might want to Consider “Specialized” e-cloths:
Please note that I suggest you wait until after you try the GP and Glass e-cloth combo before spending the extra cash on these.
- If you find that you’ve frequently got hardened sticky stuff on your stovetop, counter and/or fridge, you might want to take a look at the various kitchen e-cloths.
- If you’re a fanatic window cleaner or have french doors in your house, you may be interested in the window pack, but you can do it with the GP and Glass cloth.
- Dusting – you can use the GP cloth (dry) but the Dusting Cloths are waaaaaaay better.
Actually, there are likely more reasons why you’d want to consider some of the great “specialized” e-cloths (bathroom, kitchen, dusting, cars, etc.) but as a beginner, try the Starter Pack and then come back for more if you need it.