Congratulations Mandy Tew! Winner of the e-cloth ® mop.
Thanks to everyone who entered and for all the great green cleaning tips. To make your tips more visible to others searching the net I’ll likely put a post together that lists them all.
I woke up this morning with the Beatles’ “Revolution” playing in my head. No idea why. But it got me thinking… we need a darned cleaning revolution.
Lets get people talking about alternatives to chemical sprays for everyday household cleaning. And for just a little added incentive (aside from the fame associated with getting your written word printed here), one lucky healthy-green-cleaning-wonder-person will win an e-cloth® mop! The whole shabang – the mop, the damp pad and the dusting/dry pad. (If you’re wondering if this is worth your time, check out my review of the e-cloth ® mop – well, it’s more of a comparison to the Norwex Mop, but it’ll give you an idea of what a great mop this is!)
Queue the music (hit the play button) and scroll down…
What do you need to do?
- leave a comment below (scroll waaaaaaaaaay down) with your favourite green (healthy/non-toxic) cleaning tip/magic potion/technique. That’s it. Easy right? Need an example? How about:
- “if you’re a person who uses baking soda to clean, try putting some in jar and punch some holes in the lid for an easy home-made soda-shaker.” (I totally stole this idea from homewithJamie – thanks!) OR
- “use water from your rain barrel to clean your deck, porch, outdoor furniture etc.”
- “nothing beats e-cloth ® microfiber cloths for…you can fill in the blank here“
What will you win?
Well, one lucky person will win a brand spanking new e-cloth ® mop along with the damp mop pad and dusting/dry pad. This is a $54.00 US mop and will clean your hard surface floors in a snap. So easy even a baby can do it…
What are the Contest Rules?
- no references to commercial cleaners/sprays/pastes etc. (even the “green” ones). I’m looking for cool tips that anyone can use.
- if someone has already posted your tip and you can’t think of another one, add it again (as a new comment). Although please don’t copy the tips I gave as examples. Put your thinking caps on, people.
- if you like someone else’s tip, comment on their post. This won’t help you in the contest but everyone likes to get feedback, right? Just keep it friendly.
- the contest is open to US and Canadian Residents only (sorry rest of the world). Yes, even you poor folks in Hawaii and Alaska who live in paradise but never get free shipping.
- Contest closes at midnight April 30, 2012
- Any entries deemed inappropriate (by me) will be deleted and disqualified. Please don’t waste my time or yours! Don’t ask me what “inappropriate comment” means. I just never know until I get one. I get some WACKY (to put it nicely) comments on this blog.
- Please add as many tips as you like but there’s a limit of one contest entry per person (since otherwise people will just start copying other people’s ideas for multiple entries).
- I’ll put all the names in a hat and draw them (with a reliable witness – Darling Husband Mark) and notify the winner – hopefully on May 1, 2012 but with the 2 small kids running my life these days it’s sometimes difficult to get computer time.
- Here’s a funny one. I reserve the right to change the rules (or add more). Don’t worry, it won’t be anything drastic. I’m just a mom spending a bit of time on a blog. I’m not a big corporation with lawyers to help me here and I’m new to the “contest” game. I’ll only be “adjusting” the rules if I’ve neglected something important.
- This isn’t a rule, but I sure would appreciate it if you’d hope over and like my facebook page. (sheepish grin).