UPDATE: March 23, 2012
After much consideration – and months of in-home testing and scrutinizing – I am convinced that e-cloth® offers a product that is equal in quality and performance to Norwex but is more reasonably priced. I still stand behind my review of the Norwex Enviro Cloth, but the e-cloth® General Purpose Cloth (and the new e-cloth® Antibacterial Cloth) performs just as well – and is of equally high quality – at a fraction of the price.
I don’t know about you, but the area around the cup holders in my car is rife with sticky solidified pop, coffee and juice. And what about the dashboard? A little dusty? Bits of “sneeze” on the inside of the windshield? Chocolate on the doors? Dog lick and fingerprints on the windows?
I recall my husband taking an entire Saturday morning to clean the inside of the car. Getting all the dust particles off the dash and out of the little nooks and crannies and spraying everything down with Windex and Armor All. Nothing like sitting in a small, confined space and spraying chemicals!
Cleaning the car is not something I enjoy and I don’t usually sit back afterwards and admire my handiwork. BUT… since I started using the Enviro Cloth, I’m pretty impressed by my car detailing skills. It takes me about 9 minutes in our SUV and 6 minutes in our compact car to clean:
- windshield and all windows
- rearview mirror
- the entire dashboard
- steering wheel, wiper knobs, shifter, etc.
- cup holders and centre consoles
- seats (the SUV has leather seats so they’re easily wiped down)
- seat adjustment knobs
The beauty of the Enviro Cloth is that you can take it out to the car any time, give everything a quick wipe and have a very clean interior.
10 Reasons why I prefer the Enviro Cloth to traditional car interior cleaning methods:
- it’s incredibly fast
- it’s incredibly effective – the microfiber on the Enviro Cloth gets into all the little cracks and picks up the dust and grime
- the Enviro Cloth doesn’t leave lint or streaks
- I don’t need any sprays or potions
- I’m not sitting in a confined space breathing in chemicals
- the Enviro Cloth doesn’t leave a sticky residue that collects dust like cleansers and polishes
- a single damp Enviro Cloth will clean the entire interior so I don’t need any buckets, a bunch of different cloths, sponges or paper towels
- I can rinse it out afterwards and clean something else
- there is no waste
- it’s so easy that I actually clean the inside of my car and am a hero in my husband’s eyes
So, do yourself a favour and next time you head out to the car, take a damp Enviro Cloth. In a matter of minutes (and I mean 2 -10 minutes, depending on how dirty it is) you’ll have your entire car clean (well, except the vacuuming – but it will pick up dirt on the seats and in the cracks of upholstery).